StatusBar+

• StatusBar+ is the first custom status bar for any Android device, with no need for a custom ROM
    or root privileges. StatusBar+ follows your device anywhere on any
    application, and includes a number of features include color
    manipulation, click to drop, automatically disabling swipe to expand the
    system status bar when the screen is turned off and when the device is
    unlocked, automatically launching on boot, automatically full screen detection, removal of the system status bar for rooted users, and more features coming soon!

With that said we need to point out that this application is currently in version of alpha three, there will be bugs! Before you purchase StatusBar+ check out StatusBar+ Lite
    to ensure that it functions on your device, and if you run into any
    issues please do not leave a comment on the Android Market, rather send
    me an email stating your device, ROM
    (if applicable), and any other relevant information and we will do my
    best to fix the issue. Also, the custom status bar remains even in full
    screen applications. There is simply nothing we can do about this
    because there is no API
    for accessing this information. While this status bar does not drain
    the battery on the devices tested we cannot ensure that it will not do
    so on yours.

StatusBar+ is also part of the Seven+ Project's open source initiative! Head over to the StatusBar+ repository on GitHub! For interested developers it might even be possible to create a
    theme-engine driven custom status bar! The source code is released
    under the Apache 2.0 License, so it is free for anyone to use, modify, and distribute! Your questions and comments are encouraged, please let us know what you think.

device-2011-09-10-121502.png
    854 x 480 - 36K
    device-2011-12-31-171946.png
    720 x 1280 - 103K
  • I have been using status-bar+ for a while now and I love it! so far it has been bug-less at least for me lol
    That said, I miss the ability to tap on My status bar and see the date.

So I was thinking(sometime in the future), wouldn’t it be cool if I could swipe from the clock to the left and pop-up a toast containing the date and maybe even the next calendar event.
    I just thought I would float that out there and see what you guys think.
    d-_-b
  • I have been using status-bar+ for a while now and I love it! so far it has been bug-less at least for me lol
    That said, I miss the ability to tap on My status bar and see the date.

So I was thinking(sometime in the future), wouldn’t it be cool if I could swipe from the clock to the left and pop-up a toast containing the date and maybe even the next calendar event.
    I just thought I would float that out there and see what you guys think.

That is certainly an interesting idea. Unfortunately not everyone has had a bug-less experience, there are a number of strange issues that I had no foreseen on so many different devices. I'll consider that when the application is more stable.

Thanks for the feedback,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
  • duhhduhh
    This program will support ever MIUI roms???!!!!!!!
    or will happen like wp7android project :(
  • tombarrtombarr

duhh said:

This program will support ever MIUI roms???!!!!!!!
    or will happen like wp7android project :(

I am sorry duhh, but please do not compare us to the WP7Android team. MIUI support for StatusBar+ with "Click to drop" enabled will likely never happen simply because the MIUI ROM is closed source and does not function the same as AOSP Android. There is no documentation available for developers creating applications on the MIUI ROM, so I am not sure what it is you would like us to do.

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
  • duhhduhh
    i want to use "Click to drop" on miui, how this  function works on Launcher 7 
    and where saving list of "Auto-hide for specific applications",how to add Launcher7 to this list?
    10x in advance :P
  • tombarrtombarr
    duhh said:

i want to use "Click to drop" on miui, how this  function works on Launcher 7 
    and where saving list of "Auto-hide for specific applications",how to add Launcher7 to this list?
    10x in advance :P

"Click to drop" works in Launcher 7 because it is only visible in that application. StatusBar+ is more elaborate in that is displays for ANY application, however, MIUI has changed the Android framework so much that what works on most ROMs does not work on MIUI to accomplish this. The reason StatusBar+ works without "Click to drop" on MIUI is that MIUI just so happens to allow this assuming it does not consume touch input (have you noticed that in StatusBar+ if you disable "Click to drop" you can pull the notification panel down smoothly? This is because it is simply on top of the system status bar but cannot receive touch input.
    I am sorry but there is just nothing that can be done about this.

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
  • duhhhduhhh
    Can you add options "Activities" on "Auto-hide for specific applications"
    so we can select launchers
    :)
    Device: HTC HD2
    SPL: HSPL 2.08 | bootloader: MAGLDR 1.13 | CWM: 5.0.2.6  | Radio: 2.15.50.14  | ROM: NDT MIUI GINGER V33.0 Android 2.3.7
  • duhhhduhhh
    and why you add me to the Banned role.
    is that you do with your clients
    we paid for BAN or what?
    Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SPL: HSPL 2.08 | bootloader: MAGLDR 1.13 | CWM: 5.0.2.6  | Radio: 2.15.50.14  | ROM: NDT MIUI GINGER V33.0 Android 2.3.7
  • duhhhduhhh
    tombarr said:

duhh said:

I am sorry duhh, but please do not compare us to the WP7Android team. 

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
    i think you are one of this team
    to bad :(
  • 72ls172ls1
    duhhh said:

tombarr said:

duhh said:

I am sorry duhh, but please do not compare us to the WP7Android team. 

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
    i think you are one of this team
    to bad :(

This project is not part of the WP7Android Team. Some people may have come from there because of all the drama and non-progress.  All developers are NOT PART OF WP7ANDROID. 

Seven+ Team
  • duhhhduhhh
    ok I hope so  :)
    but why he ban me when I just ask a question ?!
  • tombarrtombarr
    duhhh said:

I'm not sure how/ why you got banned. It could just be some error from playing around with spam filtration plugins. In any case you are welcome to have a voice, but please try to express yourself politely. It is never a good thing to assume the worst in someone. Redoing your Android Market rating to 1 star is certainly not a good means of encouraging development and requesting additional features.

In any case, I will consider adding "Activities" but I feel that some sort of natural filtration is necessary. There would be hundreds, maybe thousands of Activities to display for all of your applications and managing all of them would be too complicated for most users.

PS: Yes, two developers that are part of the Seven+ Project were part of the WP7Android team, however I was not one of them and all of developers did not work for that team. So as @72ls1 pointed out, were are no part of the WP7Android team and that is all there is to it.

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
  • I realize that this is still an alpha product so I'm not expecting it to be bug free at all. But if noticed one thing so far; when the device is put into airplane mode the signal strength bar does not change at all. Not sure if that is an actual bug or simply a "feature not implement, working as intended" thing. Or it could just be that my phone isn't displaying status bars right since its been at 4 bars all day (I have great coverage), but I swore that I've seen it dip down to 3 or 2 bars before.
  • tombarrtombarr

I realize that this is still an alpha product so I'm not expecting it to be bug free at all. But if noticed one thing so far; when the device is put into airplane mode the signal strength bar does not change at all. Not sure if that is an actual bug or simply a "feature not implement, working as intended" thing. Or it could just be that my phone isn't displaying status bars right since its been at 4 bars all day (I have great coverage), but I swore that I've seen it dip down to 3 or 2 bars before.

I am not certain which version you are speaking of. StatusBar+ Lite is still in alpha one and its signal detection is seriously hindered. StatusBar+ (the full version) has a much better signal strength calculation (for GSM, CDMA, EVDO, and to some degree WiMax and LTE). As for Airplace mode, it is in fact a "feature not yet implemented." The thing to remember is that with StatusBar+ indicators are not icons, there are no pngs representing the signal strength, battery, etc. So to try and draw an airplane in code is rather challenging. Nonetheless it is a feature I do intend to add to an upcoming release.

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
  • Ah, I assume that the full version was still in alpha since its marked such on the market. And yeah, I doubt there is any sort of bug going on since I'm sitting at 22asu/-69dBm for signal strength and rarely go over -80dBm though out the day, and the wifi signal strength does change. With no significant bugs on an HTC Dream that seems pretty good. Thanks for the app. :)
  • duhhhduhhh
    tombarr said:

duhhh said:

I'm not sure how/ why you got banned. It could just be some error from playing around with spam filtration plugins. In any case you are welcome to have a voice, but please try to express yourself politely. It is never a good thing to assume the worst in someone. Redoing your Android Market rating to 1 star is certainly not a good means of encouraging development and requesting additional features.

In any case, I will consider adding "Activities" but I feel that some sort of natural filtration is necessary. There would be hundreds, maybe thousands of Activities to display for all of your applications and managing all of them would be too complicated for most users.

PS: Yes, two developers that are part of the Seven+ Project were part of the WP7Android team, however I was not one of them and all of developers did not work for that team. So as @72ls1 pointed out, were are no part of the WP7Android team and that is all there is to it.

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer

ok
     i give this rating for your app coz you ban me,but now the things are different,it was a mistake and I understand this.
    Аbout "Activities" you can take a look on "Desktop Visualizer" there are sort very well :)
    regards and no bad feelings 

• tombarrtombarr

duhhh said:

tombarr said:

duhhh said:

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer

ok
     i give this rating for your app coz you ban me,but now the things are different,it was a mistake and I understand this.
    Аbout "Activities" you can take a look on "Desktop Visualizer" there are sort very well :)
    regards and no bad feelings 

Alright, well I am planning a significant update for alpha six so this may or may not be a part of that, but I agree that this should be in some form part of StatusBar+. Perhaps as an expandable list that you scroll through and you can either enable all Activities, disable all Activities, or toggle them individually. Then you could control which part of which applications do or do not have the status bar. How does that sound?

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
  • duhhhduhhh
    sounds good :) i know this app will be better and better 
    and maybe can add options "hide clock on lock screen"
    :)
  • duhhhduhhh
    nice update,but can you edit ringer icons to show only "vibrate" and "sound off"?and this icon are to close to battery icon, can you move ringer icon somewhere in the middle 
  • tombarrtombarr
    duhhh said:

nice update,but can you edit ringer icons to show only "vibrate" and "sound off"?and this icon are to close to battery icon, can you move ringer icon somewhere in the middle 

Oh, that is certainly an easy fix. I'll leave this page open so when I get a moment I will change it. I am not sure about moving it, I added the battery percent and carrier label, neither of which are actually in the WP7 status bar so room is a little tight. Even if it may not appear that way there is the bluetooth, roaming, etc. indicators that often remain hidden.

Best,

- Tom
    Founder and Developer

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!