wp7Android - paid but got nothing
  • Vote Up0Vote Down HearthCoreHearthCore September 2011
    Since some of the developers that worked with wp7android are now aswell under your alignment..

and the thing that i didn't receive anything from them from 'buying' the full package..

i'd love for you to get their attention on that for me :o

Help appreciated!
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down tombarrtombarr September 2011
    Heya,

The WP7Andoid team is a separate project under different management, and you purchased/ donated to them. We do NOT offer application sales outside the Android Market in order to avoid such dilemmas, nor do we distribute our applications through any other means as this would be too much of a hassle for our developers. I'm sorry that this has happened to you, but the only way to obtain applications that are part of the Seven+ Project are through the Android Market.

Thank you for understanding,

- Tom
  • Vote Up0Vote Down HearthCoreHearthCore September 2011
    Hey Tom,

first off, this is not a hussle to get anything from you.

The thing about the Android Market is : it accepts only Credit Cards.
    I for one, and many others in Germany, do not own one.

That's why I used PayPal to try (and fail) to get a hold of the paid versions of the apps.

Believe me, i'd love to just buy them in the Market.. But in order to do that i would pay a fee of about 20 € just to get myself a CreditCard.

But maybe i'll just have to bite in that sour apple.. (pun intendet)

Best Whishes,

HearthCore
    I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately at this time the Android Market is the only location we offer our paid applications. Having our own internal sales team to communicate with developers for new releases and to transactions via PayPal is just out of our range right now, and seeing the number of horror stories from the WP7Android team in relation to this issue makes me even more skeptical. Perhaps in the future we will be able to offer such a service, but until then I'm sorry to say your out of luck.

Best,

- Tom
  • Vote Up0Vote Down personapluspersonaplus September 2011

Hey Tom,

first off, this is not a hussle to get anything from you.

The thing about the Android Market is : it accepts only Credit Cards.
    I for one, and many others in Germany, do not own one.

That's why I used PayPal to try (and fail) to get a hold of the paid versions of the apps.

Believe me, i'd love to just buy them in the Market.. But in order to do that i would pay a fee of about 20 € just to get myself a CreditCard.

But maybe i'll just have to bite in that sour apple.. (pun intendet)

Best Whishes,

HearthCore

Posted by Dirk Dougherty on 12 September 2011 at 3:20 PM

[This post is by Eric Chu, Android Developer Ecosystem. —Dirk Dougherty]

Over the past year, we’ve seen very strong growth in the number of Android users around the world. To make it easier for those users to purchase their favorite apps and games on Android Market, we’re bringing Direct Carrier Billing to additional carrier networks in South Korea, the UK, and Germany.

In South Korea, we’ve begun a phased rollout of the service to users on the top two carrier networks — SK Telecom and KT Corporation. When complete, the rollout will reach more than 10 million users, who will be able to charge their Android Market purchases straight to their phone bills.

In Europe, we’re rolling out the service to users on two popular regional carriers, Vodafone UK and Vodafone DE. Initially, the service will be available only to users who have purchased their devices through Vodafone’s online and retail channels.

The new launches expand the network of carriers already offering direct billing service in the US on the T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint networks, and in Japan on SoftBank, KDDI, and NTT DOCOMO networks.

Direct Carrier Billing is a key payment option for users worldwide, especially in regions where credit cards are less common. We will continue to partner with more operators to offer this payment option to their Android users. Watch for more announcements in the weeks ahead.
    d-_-b
    Wow this is fantastic news. As a developer it is already enoug work as is, and if you offer a lite version of your app then that is twice the maintainence. I am glad to hear that Google is taking the iniative and not leave developers in this awkard positions of, sure we would love for you to purchase you app, but sorry you are unable to. The only other option would be to sell them on your own, which I know from experience is not an easy task to do and detracts from the time that could be spent developer. Great news!

- Tom
    Founder and Developer
This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership